James Fox, CFP®
James Fox has been helping families and businesses achieve their financial goals since he joined Equitable in 2010. As a top advisor at Equitable Advisors, he joined The BlackOak Group in 2013.
James holds a bachelor’s and master’s degree from the State University of New York College at Buffalo. He is a designated CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional (CFP®)1 and is registered/licensed in the following areas: FINRA series 7, series 66, and life and health. After graduating, he started his career at GEICO where he trained new agents and successfully helped develop the Buffalo branch homeowner’s department.
“I enjoy when I meet a family who views their financial goals as unachievable — only to find out that with strategies they haven’t seen before and with proper implementation, their goals are attainable.”
James’ position as a trusted financial advisor allows him to help his customers:
- Protect assets and legacies that families have taken generations to build.
- Protect assets that businesses have built.
- Help individuals pass on their legacy to family members and charities they care so much for.
- Identify “out of the box” strategies to address a client’s unique circumstance.
- Help protect a client’s wealth while ensuring quality care as he/she ages.
- Educate clients on the ever changing financial landscape and commonly misunderstood topics.
- Help business owners shelter money from taxes and educate their employees on their companies benefits and retirement plans.
James believes in the power of community involvement. One of the ways he demonstrates this value is through volunteering to teach community education workshops for families on financial planning topics throughout school systems in Western New York. James is also an avid supporter of community organizations such as Mikey’s Way and Make-A-Wish Western New York. He is an essential team member in helping to plan Equitable’s annual day of service.
In his down time, James enjoys traveling throughout New York State, the country and abroad. You might find him relaxing on the golf course or the exact opposite, partaking in adrenaline inducing experiences such as sky diving or bungee jumping.
- National Leaders Corps
- B Class Advisor of the Year
- D Class Advisor of the Year
Office: (716) 626-2588
Fax: (716) 631-4764
1. CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ are certification marks owned by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. These marks are awarded to individuals who successfully complete the CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements. ↩