We understand that it may be difficult for a plan sponsor to thoroughly understand their fiduciary responsibilities, consistently fulfill them, and prove through proper documentation that they are compliant. Our role is to provide this service.
Currently, Austin Kelly and David L. Hungerford have their Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) and Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor (CPFA®) credentials. Thus, we have the knowledge and experience to lead to more favorable outcomes.
Why Choose Us
As co-fiduciaries, we are also liable for any fines or restorations that may result from an unintended fiduciary breach. To protect our corporate clients, Equitable Advisors, LLC, will sign an ERISA Advisory Services Agreement that will indemnify the plan sponsor for any and all claims or judgments (including legal fees) arising from a covered breach or negligence related to our covered services.
Unlike most plans controlled by brokers or non-fiduciary consultants, our revenue is not derived from investment commissions. Under the Fiduciary Best Practice rules, our revenue is derived from fixed quarterly fees. Our fees are fully transparent and level. As such, plan sponsors have the option to pay our fees from corporate assets, thus garnishing another firm tax deduction and not imposing the cost on plan participants.
Our Covered Services
- Assist in the documentation of your plan’s goals and objectives.
- Review and update your plan’s Investment Policy Statement (IPS).
- Provide a marketing analysis and/or provider search for the plan at least every two years.
- Recommend and assist the plan sponsor in plan investment selection.
- Assist the plan’s investment committee in its review and documentation of all plan investments against the appropriate benchmarks.
- Provide training to plan sponsors and other plan fiduciaries on their fiduciary responsibilities.
- Communicate regularly with the plan sponsor to promote overall satisfaction.
- Provide the plan sponsor quarterly or bi-annual retirement updates and education on topics relevant to the plan sponsor’s role as a fiduciary.
- Prepare and present plan details for the plan’s annual fiduciary review.
- Support the plan sponsor’s human resources department’s coordination with the plan’s administrator and record keeper, and attend to all other related administrative service needs.